As part of our commitment to continual process improvement Purchasing is provided the following guidelines for Employee Travel which are based on the Districts Board Policies and Administrative Regulations.
- A Travel Conference shall be prepared by the employee including detailed cost estimates and directed to the appropriate principal, department head, cabinet representative for approval.
- It’s recommended to submit all required forms for approval at least 60 days in advance of the departure date.
- Do not make any arrangements until all required approvals have been obtained. Please use this cheat sheet to assist with booking
- More information on new booking system can be obtained by reviewing this overview
Airline tickets and Hotel Rooms
- Airline tickets and hotel arrangements are paid directly by the District when using our approved travel vendor.
- Submit a copy of your signed and approved Travel/Conference form to approved travel vendor.
- Additional information required: name as it appears on Drivers License, date of birth, and gender (per Transportation Security Administration)
- It is recommended the travel vendor receive all required forms at least 14 days in advance to obtain best possible pricing.
- Conference registration fees are paid directly by the District.
- Submit a requisition to pay for the conference.
- For reference, the RQS/PO number must appear on your Travel/Conference form.
- Meals are a reimbursed expense. (Note: meals are not reimbursed if travel is completed in 1 day.)