Prequalification General Information
PREQUALIFICATION FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS IN EXCESS OF $1 MILLION DOLLARS, PURSUANT TO SECTION 20111.6 OF THE PUBLIC CONTRACT CODE
Notification of which projects are subject to prequalification will be included in the applicable bid documents.
In accordance with Section 20111.6 (AB 1565) of the Public Contract Code, All Bidders performing as both a Prime Contractor and General Contractor (A or B license), or an Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing Contractor (as a prime contractor or subcontractor) involving projected project total in excess of one million dollars ($1,000,000) must be prequalified prior to submitting bids.
Prime Contractor and Subcontractor for prequalification purpose are defined in accordance with PCC Section 4113: the word “subcontractor” shall mean a contractor, who contracts directly with the prime contractor. “Prime contractor” shall mean the contractor who contracts directly with the awarding authority.
For projects subject to prequalification, Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing contractors are contractors pursuant to Section 7058 of the Business and Professions Code holding a C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, or C-46 license.
- Contractors may verify their prequalification status by downloading the Prequalification Lists below.
- For projects out to bid and subject to prequalification:
- Bidders may submit a completed prequalification application during the bidding process. A submittal deadline will be included in bid documents.
- A notification of all prequalified bidders will be made available via addendum at least five (5) business days prior to the date fixed for receipt of bids.
- Prequalified bidders will remain valid for one (1) calendar year following the date prequalified, except that the District reserves the right during that calendar year to suspend or rescind the prequalification ratings based on subsequently learned information and after giving notice of the proposed action to the Contractor and an opportunity for a hearing consistent with the hearing procedures described in the Prequalification Policy and Instructions manual.
- District reserves the right to reject bids as “non-responsive” for any of the following reasons:
- Prime Contractor is not on the prequalified Contractors List.
- Prime Contractor listed an Electrical, Mechanical, or Plumbing Subcontractor not on the prequalified Contractors List.
- Prequalification Policy Manual, and Contractor applications may be downloaded below.